I’m writing you again because I want you to know what you love at this age, what you’ve learned and achieved at this point in your life. I’ll do it in bullet form ha. Love you!
· For starters, from your 13th month check up, you weighed exactly 12 kilograms and now 78 centimeters tall.
· You got six teeth now, two on the lower part and four up. Your bites are now giving me bruises, but I’m happy to help ease you in your teething pain but please be moderate.
· You have unlocked a new skill that is sipping on a straw. You are very happy when you manage to get some water out of the straw.
· You’re a talker now or a blabber if I may accurately put it. You’re first words are ma ma ma ma ba ba ba ba.
· Due to the changes in your sleeping schedule, I realized that you are not a morning person. Haha! You slept late at night around 11 and wakes up late the next morning from 9 to 10. Sometimes, you will try to wake yourself up so you could stop me from going to work or maybe say goodbye?
· Your nap times in the afternoon usually last for two hours.
· Walking is a piece of cake to you now, you actually prefer to stand on your own when you fall over and would be annoyed if we lend a hand.
· You can circle around like a pro.
· I’m so happy that you are enjoying solid foods more; we just have to ensure that you’re hungry when given food.
· You now have a way to get us do or go where you want us to go, by getting our hand and pull and lead us to wherever.
· The wheels on the cars are still a favorite; you will always go to the condominium’s parking lot every time you have a chance.
· You love the water, you love swimming in the pool, splashing the water in your tub during bath time and would fearlessly jump into the pool if you have a chance.
· Aside from pulling our hands, you can also do fake cries and coughs to get what you want and tell me how sad you are that I’m leaving you for work. Most of the time, you fake cough to compete with your dad.
· You still love story time and now into flipping pages of the books. Yay!
· A magic board was given to you as a birthday gift, and you’ve been learning how to doodle/write. You seemed really happy when you see an image or line being drawn on the board.
· You slept through the night without me, you cried at first but maybe realize that crying wouldn’t bring me back to you so you went on your way to sleep. You really prefer that I’m there with you at night, hugging you and lulling you to sleep. I prefer that, too.
· When I was away for work, they told me that you will cry out of nowhere, probably realizing that you haven’t seen mom for the whole day.
· That first night that we didn’t sleep together, I want you to know that I’ve cried, too. During our video call, when you’re all gloomy and teary eyed (as shown on the photo above), I’m crying inside and did my best to suck up the tears and failed.
Aside fro the drama we had a few days ago, I am glad that you are always a happy baby even on your teething days. I love you so much Niklaus! I’m always here for you!